CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Norah Lofts

Well I read that book by Norah Lofts and it was awful. First of all it wasn't a romance novel. Secondly it was horribly depressing. I will try another book by her because this one seemed like a book written by a romance writer who was trying to write a serious piece of fiction. Also to all the writers in the world- if you write a character who is excessively stupid- don't have her all of a sudden become clever and solve all sorts of problems at the end of the book when the rest of the book she was stupid enough to get lost in a closet. This was also another book where you just detest all the main characters. All of them selfish, stupid, shallow, immoral. It was awful and I can only hope not predictive of her other books. I will give her one more shot. Oh I can't remember the title but it had butterfly in it.

1 comments:

Kayli said...

Yes---definitely do try a different one, or two--I promise they're so good! But was this the one where she tried to write modernish? Yeah, I just looked it up. I never read that one.
I wish I could tell you a specific title to try, but they all kindof run together for me (I know that seems like it's a bad sign, but really, it's not).
Some of her books are history types --famous queens and the like, but my favorite are hers that are about a specific building and follows the generations through it. I think it's fun to see how one person that lived there became a ghost someone else sees.
Okay, try The Maude Reed Tale, or Bless this House. Anyway, if you read another one let me know how you like it.