CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Secret Fan by Lise See

I think this is the title. It is the book for one of the book clubs. I did not like it. I think Harvene started to loan it to me several months ago and I said no thank you- sick of books that are so depressing you want to slit your wrists. This is one of those books. I should have stuck with my initial gut reaction. I didn't much care for the main character and her best friend is a little more sympathetic- but I just couldn't care for any of them. I am sure Ms. See is a talented writer but I gorged myself on Chinese women's history books a couple of years ago and I am afraid that I just can't enjoy any more- not even fiction. (I do still enjoy modern non-fiction books about China today.)

0 comments: