CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Do Audio Books Count?

So I have listened to a couple of books on my way to work- do those count? One was a children's book about a porcelain bunny- that is all I remember- it was okay but a little predictable. I feel like I have to like it because Kate DiCamillo wrote it ( I think- this was before Ireland a couple of months).

Across Five Aprils by ????. This was a great classic children's book about a 10 y/o boy during the civil war. A convincing and well written book from the boys perspective. With the same sense of other worldliness that a distant major event would have on an isolated farm boy- until people start to die and he is left alone with the girls to run the farm. I really enjoyed this.

PD James- Cover Her Face- this was an okay mystery set in the home of a upper class family. It was okay- definitely interesting enough to keep me awake during the drive- its sole purpose in my life. And Hugh Grant was one of the characters which I kind of liked.

0 comments: