CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 24, 2011

How to Climb Mt Blanc in a Skirt By Mick Confrey

More of my Travel books:


I really want to like this book. I really do. A book about Lady Adventurers? That is right up my ally. I have only read a handful of chapters and so far and I don't really like the book. The chapters are brief descriptions of different female explorers- a little tongue in cheek. But it isn't funny enough to be an amusing book and it isn't informative enough to be a learning book. It doesn't quite know what it wants to be and so it isn't successful at anything. I do like the little tables in every chapter where he compares the female explorer to her male counterpart. I may read all of it as it is a very easy read- but I may not as I don't really enjoy it. I will put it back into the pile by my bed and see.

0 comments: