CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 24, 2011

Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik

I can't recommend this book highly enough. It is written by a writer who moves with his wife and infant to France for five years. One of the best books I have ever read that discusses the differences between he American and French beliefs about the world. There are thoughtful passages and laugh out loud passages. I loved the chapter about having a baby in France- No raw vegetables!. I have read this book twice and enjoyed it both times. A thoughtful intelligent look at life as an expatriate. Have you figured out yet that Alma and I would like to move to France for a year or two? There are things we would find frustrating but I think the experience of living in a different culture would be great for the boys. Unfortunately we don't have very mobile jobs. So maybe we will have to wait and do this when we are empty nesters.

0 comments: