CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society By????????

My mother-in-law loaned me this sweet book about a reading group during the German Occupation of Guernsey Island. I loved it! It will make you laugh and cry. The characters are a charming ensemble of wack-a-doodle characters (which appeals to this person who lives with a charming ensemble of wack-a-doodles as well). I highly recommend. I have been in a reading slump lately where it seems as if there are no enjoyable books in the world and all of a sudden the last couple of weeks I have broken through and have a pile by my bed I am anxiously waiting to read. This book helped me break through the block. I highly recommend it.

***The use of the word Wack-a-doodle is in honor of my little sisters TJ and ANNA and MARIKA, they know why.

0 comments: