CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nora; The Real Life of Molly Bloom by Brenda Maddox

This is one of the best biographies I have read recently- I actually started this one in Ireland and finished it when we got home (so I guess not so recently). This is about the life of James Joyce's wife Nora. I loved it. I loved the look at his life from the perspective of his life long faithful companion. She was a simple woman who in many ways was a balast to Joyce. Who worked many years to support the family- who raised his children- who had an undying belief in his genius. She is many ways is in most of his books. If you are a Joyse fan I highly recommend this book- or even if you are more like me and find him fascinating but difficult and frustrating. A very good and detailed look at her life.

0 comments: