CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson

I love any book by Bill Bryson. But I especially love any of his travel books. This one is about his last hurrah trip around England before his family moves back to the US. I love Bryson's quirky look at the world- and his snarky old man complaining attitude. That along with his love of beautiful architecture, hatred of bad city planners, and enjoyment of the odd quirks of human nature makes him an enjoyable companion for a few hours. Kind of like being with Alma. This is a great book I highly recommend it. Also as I read another book about him recently- one about the life of William Shakespeare- a slim volume about what we really know, not what we think we know. I also like Bryson when he is discrediting historians, also very amusing.

0 comments: